National Government Constituencies Development Fund Board
The NG-CDF Board is a body corporate falling under the Ministry of Devolution and Planning. It ensures efficient management of the funds in all constituencies. The Board has a secretariat in Nairobi headed by the Chief Executive Officer.
Mandates of NG-CDF Board
• Consider project proposals submitted from various Constituencies.
• Ensure timely and efficient disbursement of funds.
• Ensure efficient management of the Fund.
Establishment of The Fund
The National Government Constituencies Development Fund (NG-CDF) is established under the NG-CDF Act, 2015 as amended in 2016.
The main purpose of the Fund is to address socio-economic development of the people at the constituency level in order to reduce poverty and enhance regional equity.
The NG-CDF Act 2015 aligned the operations of the Fund to the new constitutional dispensation especially in terms of ensuring that the law strongly embraces the principles of participation of the people, separation of powers, and delineation of functions between National and County governments.
An allocation of not less than 2.5% of all the National Government’s share of revenue is dedicated towards implementation of projects identified at constituency level.
Equitable socio-economic development countrywide.
To provide leadership and policy direction for effective and efficient management of the Fund.
Commitment & teamwork, Transparency & Accountability, Professionalism & Integrity, Neutrality & Objectivity, Timeliness & Excellence, Advocacy for citizen participation.
a. National Assembly Select Committee (NASC)
b. Constituency Oversight Committee (COC)
What is the role of National Assembly Select Committee (NASC)
• Oversee policy framework and legislative matters.
• Continually review the legal framework set out for effective management. of the Fund
What is the role of Constituency Oversight Committee (COC)
• Mobilizing and sensitizing the respective target groups on any matter related to the Fund.
• Soliciting views, opinions and proposals from the public in regard to the Fund and presenting the views and opinions to the National Assembly.
What is the role of Audit
• Through the Auditor General’s annual report to the Parliamentary Accounts Committee (PAC) and the Parliamentary investment committee (PIC) oversees efficient financial management of the Fund.
• Further, the sub-county internal auditors in every constituency track the utilization of the Fund and regularly reports to the National Treasury with a copy to the NG-CDF Board.
• In line with section 16 (b) of NG-CDF Act 2015 the Board has established its own internal audit department that reviews constituency accounts and provides assurance on efficient utilization of the Fund.
Finances the NG-CDF budgets and provides financial guidelines for effective and efficient management of the Fund.
Develops project proposals in consultation with wananchi through periodic ward level open forums, submits them to the NG-CDF Board for approval and facilitates the PMCs in the planning, implementation, and sustenance of the projects once completed at the Constituency level.
Implements projects on behalf of the local community in consultation with relevant government department and prepares returns to the NGCDFC.